What do I need to bring to my new patient appointment?
- Your diagnostic films and reports (MRI, CT Scans, EMGs, etc.) Without your diagnostic films we are unable to accurately evaluate your condition.
- New Patient Packet (4 Pages from Blue Button on website)
- Insurance card(s) & Photo ID
- Referral from your referring or primary care physician (if applicable)
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Allow at least 2 hours for a New Patient Appointment.
Where do you perform surgery?
- Northside Cherokee Hospital and Northside Atlanta Hospital
What types of insurance do you accept?
- Most major insurance plans are accepted. Please contact us for more specific information.
- If you are filing a worker’s compensation claim, we will need approval PRIOR to scheduling your appointment.
- If you are filing an auto accident claim, we will need approval PRIOR to scheduling your appointment.
- We do not accept 3rd Party Liability or Attorney Liens.
Why do I need a referral from a physician to be seen by a neurosurgeon?
- A primary care physician or other referring physician will perform the appropriate evaluation and diagnostic tests to determine if a neurosurgeon can assist with your medical condition.
Do you charge for forms to be completed?
- No. We do request a 2 week turn around time, Since Dr Javed and his nurse practitioner are in surgery most of the time and they are the only ones authorized to complete forms.
Can I get my prescription refilled by phone?
- Yes, please allow 2 business days to get prescriptions called in to your pharmacy.