What do I need to bring to my new patient appointment?
- Your diagnostic films and reports (MRI, CT Scans, EMGs, etc.) Without your diagnostic films we are unable to accurately evaluate your condition.
- New Patient Packet (4 Pages from Blue Button on website)
- Insurance card(s) & Photo ID
- Referral from your referring or primary care physician (if applicable)
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Allow at least 2 hours for a New Patient Appointment.
Where do you perform surgery?
- Kennestone Hospital, Northside Hospital and Marietta Surgical Center
What types of insurance do you accept?
- Most major insurance plans are accepted. Please contact us for more specific information.
- If you are filing a worker’s compensation claim, we will need approval PRIOR to scheduling your appointment.
- If you are filing an auto accident claim, we will need approval PRIOR to scheduling your appointment.
- We do not accept 3rd Party Liability or Attorney Liens.
Why do I need a referral from a physician to be seen by a neurosurgeon?
- A primary care physician or other referring physician will perform the appropriate evaluation and diagnostic tests to determine if a neurosurgeon can assist with your medical condition.
Do you charge for forms to be completed?
- Yes, we do charge for forms, however if you are having surgery one set of forms will be done at no cost. We do request a 2 week turn around time, since Dr. Javed and his P.A. are in surgery most of the time and they are the only ones authorized to complete forms.
Can I get my prescription refilled by phone?
- Yes, please allow 2 business days to get prescriptions called in to your pharmacy.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to notify our office 24 hours in advance will result in a $50 no-show fee.